neighborhood narratives shine a light on locals who inspire
join our free, online writers' workshops
and write our next neighborhood narrative!
- Young, local journalists (ages 8-18) will be assigned a NikaVika Neighbor to research
- We have 100s of local heroes to feature (but we’re always looking for more!)
- Journalists will highlight + take brief notes on their subject via research provided
- From their notes, journalists will write a short summary, included 2 quotes
- Journalists will credit their research and photo source(s) via simple weblinks
- Drafts of Neighborhood Narratives will be emailed to email@example.com
- Suggested edits will be provided via Google Docs until stories are ready for publishing
- “Safe” bylines will be included in published stories (on our various sites and newsletters)
- NikaVika Neighbors (and journalists!) will be featured at the end of 2020 at a....
- Major, Boston-area event and/or via a locally-produced TV, radio or web-based show
- Thanks to our community-minded sponsors, there is no cost for our online Writers’ Workshops
- Models of the whole process will be provided to new journalists via email
- See examples of published narratives within this section
- Please contact us below to get started today!